How to Podcast (Part 1 of 3) - At long last, I am finally talking about How to Podcast! This is part one of a three-part series where provides my insight on how to start podcasting. However, as Simon Sinek points out, we need to start with why.
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Episode 99 and the 2017 House of #EdTech Smackdown are coming! Get your submission in by December 1, 2017, and be a part of the LARGEST smackdown yet! Submit your entry here.
- I was recently presented with a little technology coach puzzle. I was given the following scenarios and asked to decide which order I would prioritize them and why. Here they are:
- Help a school secretary export a report from Power School to Google Sheets
- Help the Principal create and complete a slideshow for a BOE presentation
- A teacher approaches me to talk about this cool new app or tool and wants to know more about it
- A teacher asks me to teach them about Google Classroom because they want to start using it with their students.
- Here’s a first. I would like to share a couple of things I DO NOT recommend, yet you will find people recommending them for podcasting
- Blue Snowballs and Yeti microphones
- Be sure you’re locked in for episode 97 where I will give and justify my hardware and software recommendations
Why should you start a podcast?
- It allows you to produce long-form content.
- You build a personal connection with your audience.
- Your Audience Can Take You Almost Anywhere
- People Will Listen For A LONGER Time
- Connect With Professionals In Your Area of Interest
- Get Recognized As An Industry Leader/Expert
- Less Competition
- It’s not expensive
- Podcasting Helps You To Find Your Voice
- Podcasting gives you Superpowers!
House of #EdTech VIP
RYAN MITCHELL – Has a BA in Psychology from the University of Michigan and he studied Elementary Education at Indiana University @ South Bend.
He is currently a 4th-grade Teacher at Hums Elementary, home of the Roadrunners, in Mishawaka, IN.
Ryan is a Google Certified Educator Level 1 & 2 as well as a Seesaw ambassador & Flipgrid certified educator.
Ryan is big on #mysteryskype experiences for his students so be sure to connect with him!
Connect with Ryan Mitchell:
PARTICIPATE IN THE 2021 HOUSE OF #EDTECH SMACKDOWN!
2021 House of #EdTech Smackdown! This will be the 8th annual smackdown and it's one of my favorite regular episodes to create each year. Submit by December 11, 2021!
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get ONE FREE Month with Promo Code: NESI