43 Things We Need To Stop Doing In Schools by Tony Sinanis is topic and content in this episode.
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Being ‘Good With Tech’ Doesn’t Overcome Poor Teaching
There’s no quick fix to bad teaching practices. Put in the work to be a better teacher because masking a lack of teaching ability with tech won’t do your students any good.
- Sheetgo is an excellent add-on you should definitely install on your Google Sheets. It allows you to easily transform data between different spreadsheets in Google Sheets. You can also use it to create a centralized overview of your data by merging several sheets into a single sheet. You can even import data from Excel files you have in your Google Drive right into your Google Sheets. The same applies to other files such as CSV or TSV, with a single click you can bring all the data from those files to your Sheets.
- Add Sheetgo to Google Sheets
- Sync’s unique, zero-knowledge storage platform guarantees your privacy by providing end-to-end encryption, and only you have access to the keys.
- 5GB FREE but if you use my link: chrisnesi.com/sync you will get 6 GB and it never expires.
- 43 Things We Need To Stop Doing In Schools by Tony Sinanis is topic and content in this episode.
- We need to stop…
- Giving HW (at least in elementary school and possibly in middle school). There is NO research that I have seen that speaks to a positive correlation between HW and academic achievement;
- Giving grades… what is the point? Grades seem to bring the learning journey to an end, which goes against what most schools communicate when stating in their vision that they want to nurture lifelong learners! Lifelong learners need feedback, direction, and space to fail as they evolve.
House of #EdTech VIP
KRISTA PENROD – Krista is an 8th grade ELA teacher in Milton, WI. Mrs. Penrod is instilling the love of literacy in her students!
Favorite hashtags: #SDMtalent #GCEG17 #FitLeaders #TLAP #MakeItReal
Connect with Krista Penrod:
LET'S MEET AT ISTE 2023! COME TO THE HOET/EPN CHEESESTEAK MEETUP!
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK, AND CONNECT WITH ME