March is all about #TryPod! Let's talk about the podcasts we LOVE!
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Additional support for this episode came from Kyte Learning!
- Get a 14-day free trial by going to chrisnesi.com/kytelearning
- Unlimited access to all content
- Track Personal Progress
- Earn Badges & Certificates
- Earn CEU’s and College Credit
- Derek Larson & Lynn Smargis from Utah! I can’t wait to reconnect when I head out to Utah for UCET 2018 from March 21-24.
- At UCET I will be presenting the following sessions:
- Podcast Bootcamp
- How to Support THAT Teacher
- Social Media in Education
- Note to Self Podcast hosted by Manoush Zomorodi
Help me make the House of #EdTech better!
Please connect with me and let me know what you think of the podcast. Not just what you like and that you appreciate the podcast but please send me thoughts on how you think I can improve the podcast.
I want this podcast to be the #1 edtech podcast that teachers, administrators, and companies turn to for the absolute best in this niche.
To share your thoughts send me feedback!
- Chrome Experiments Music Lab
- Chrome Music Lab is a website that makes learning music more accessible through fun, hands-on experiments.
- Many teachers have been using Chrome Music Lab as a tool in their classrooms to explore music and its connections to science, math, art, and more. They’ve been combining it with dance and live instruments. Here’s a collection of some uses on Twitter.
- You can play with these experiments across devices – phones, tablets, laptops – just by opening the site on a web browser such as Chrome.
- What is TryPod?
- There are a lot of people out there—about four-fifths of Americans—who don’t get what you’re doing right now. But they should, because podcasts are awesome and the more people listening to them, the better. I could be a little jaded with that last statement…
- Why do you love podcasts?
- I love podcasts because I have total control over what I listen to and when. Sure I have my favorite songs but I’ve been never able to get through and make a request on the radio. When Katelyn suggested I create one that was when I dove head-first into the consumption pool. For me, it started with podcasts about podcasting and then I expanded to some education podcasts since I also create and education podcast. Then, I discovered podcasts about some of the TV shows I enjoy watching as well as sports. Of course, I also began listening to some of NPR’s finest podcasts too.
- I love the fact that I can choose to learn, laugh, or simply get lost in a story. And this is on my schedule and listening is FREE! People are just giving their content away. Sure, you can support some shows financially or use their affiliate links or even make direct donations or, and this is perfectly acceptable too, you can listen for free to your heart’s content and never send a single cent, purchase one product, submit any feedback, or ever tell another person you listen to a certain podcast. However, at the very least you should reach out to the creators of any podcast you listen to and let them know you appreciate the time and effort being into creating something for you.
- Use #TryPod all month long (and really anytime) to share out what you’re enjoying and expose those podcasts to a LARGE number of people who will be looking at this #tag craving new podcasts to consume.
- Here are some other things you can do this month (or anytime)
House of #EdTech VIP
JP PREZZAVENTO – JP Prezzavento has served the Fox C-6 School District in Arnold, MO for 12 years. JP currently serves as the Instructional Technology Coordinator where he develops and deploys professional development on technology and innovative instruction for the district’s 850 teachers. Prior to this, JP was a high school English Language Arts teacher for 8 years.
JP has been recognized as a 2017 METC Spotlight Educator and is a Google for Education Certified Trainer. JP has presented at a variety of local and regional conferences including METC, Character Plus, the Missouri Summit featuring Google for Education, and MOREnet. Contact JP about speaking to your school or organization.
Connect with JP Prezzavento:
2022 HOUSE OF #EDTECH SMACKDOWN
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get TWO FREE Months with Promo Code: NESI