Katelyn returns to talk about the importance of functionality when designing an education space and respond to feedback from episode 52.
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Why do you favorite a Tweet?
- MIC NOTE
- From Richard Byrne’s Free Technology for Teachers
- Mic Note is a free Chrome app that allows you to create voice recordings, text notes, and image-based notes on one concise notebook page. The notes that you record with your voice can be time-stamped by clicking on your Mic Note note page while you’re recording. You can also take notes without recording any audio. All notes support the inclusion of images and links. The best part of Mic Note is that you can sync all of your notes to your Google Drive or Dropbox account. Watch the video below to see how you can create notes in Mic Note.
- Applications for Education
- Mic Note could be a good tool for students who want or need to record a teacher giving a short presentation. Students could let the recorder run while they type their own notes about what the teacher is saying to the class. And because Mic Note supports pictures, students could insert images of slides and or diagrams that their teachers display.
- Mic Note also has the potential to be a good tool for students who are conducting interviews as they can write time-stamped notes while recording.
House of #EdTech VIP
Steve and Cathy Isaacs – Steve Teaches Video Game Design and Development at William Annin Middle School in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Cathy is a K-5 technology integration and innovation specialist in central New Jersey. Passionate about nurturing problem solvers through computer science, project based learning, and authentic use of technology. Google Certified Educator, Class Dojo Mentor
They have two daughters who sometimes appear at education conferences and Coffee Edu events.
Connect with the Isaacs:
LET'S MEET AT ISTE 2023! COME TO THE HOET/EPN CHEESESTEAK MEETUP!
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK, AND CONNECT WITH ME