Grab a great book to take your teaching to the next level this Summer (or anytime)!
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Postcards! I’d love to know what you’re up to this Summer. Consider sending me a postcard and sharing your travels with me or if you just want to share your part of the world with me I’ll read them on the show throughout the Summer.
- ISTE 2019 – This is my last episode before ISTE 2019 in Philly. I can’t wait to spend the day in Philly on June 23rd and attend the EPN HOET Meet-up @ 6 PM @ PKofS. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone who has let me know they will be attending.
- At the end of each episode I take time to shout out all my Awesome Supporters and if you don’t listen all the way through you might not be aware of the Awesome Supporter opportunity. This is for people who, like you, want to help make the podcast go and get value from the content and conversations I put out. You can contribute a one-time donation or on a per-episode basis. There are multiple levels of support and you would be helping to make the podcast go!
- Any new awesome supporter, at any level, between June 16, 2019, and September 1, 2019, will get an exclusive HOET laptop sticker, as a thank you!
- Also, any new patrons at the $5/episode level or higher will receive an exclusive House of #EdTech T-shirt not available anywhere else.
- And, at the $10/episode level you will also get access to 1-hr group coaching call with me. This reward is limited to 10 people at any one time. The calls give you direct access to me and others where will talk about your edtech needs and specific questions and ideas.
- When you’re ready go to chrisnesi.com/awesome.
Get Out of Your Bubble
It’s a great big world we live in. Full of shine, sparkle, and wonder. As an educator, it’s your duty to be at your best when you’re uncomfortable. Don’t settle for the easy well-worn path through your career. Take the road less traveled and blaze new trails. We have all told students to do this or we’ve heard someone tell us to tell students to do this. Living our lives and taking risks are the greatest lessons and exemplars we can provide students. Telling your students to create something for a worldwide authentic audience would mean so much more if you were also creating and putting yourself out there for a worldwide audience. We don’t expect students to be perfect and we shouldn’t hold ourselves to the same standard. If you’ve ever told a student to fail forward and experience the first attempt in learning, I ask, when was the last time you failed forward and took that difficult first step. The things we say and the things we do matter for our students. You need to get comfortable being uncomfortable. I get it though…the school year can be a challenging time to try new things and the fear of failure can loom large. But you’re either on Summer vacation or will be very soon and I encourage you, like me, to try something new this Summer. You’d even be surprised how something you think isn’t related to education can find its way into your classroom or school come the next school year or many school years from now.
I’m looking forward to trying some new things this summer and I am excited to share them in the coming weeks and months. I look forward to you sharing with me what you’re doing too.
- Provides users with absolutely free online and offline tools for working with PDF files (converting, splitting, merging, rotating, etc ).
- PDF Candy is created by the Icecream Apps team, which means proven reliability and high quality for processing PDF files.
- All services are provided at no cost and are ads-free. All tools are very easy to use. You can always upload files from Dropbox, Google Drive or simply by drag and dropping them. Each tool can be added to ‘Favorites’ for faster access from the index page of the PDF Candy website.
Jesse Lubinsky – co-host of Partial Credit and the Chief Learning Officer for Ready Learner One LLC, an educational solutions provider for emergent technologies recently published a guest post on TeachThought.com. You can find him on Twitter at @jlubinsky and learn more about his work at http://jesselubinsky.com.
- Drawn to Teach: An Illustrated Guide to Transforming Your Teaching by Josh Stumpenhorst and Trevor Guthke
- Inquiry Mindset: Nurturing the Dreams, Wonders, and Curiosities of Our Youngest Learners by Trevor MacKenzie and Rebecca Bathurst-Hunt
- DON’T Ditch That Tech: Differentiated Instruction in a Digital World by Matt Miller, Nate Ridgway, and Angela Ridgway, PhD
- Relentless: Changing Lives by Disrupting the Educational Norm by Hamish Brewer
- Teachingland: A Teacher’s Survival Guide to the Classroom Apocalypse by Amanda Fox and Mary Ellen Weeks
- Educated by Design: Designing the Space to Experiment, Explore, and Extract Your Creative Potential by Michael Cohen
- Empower Our Girls: Opening the Door for Girls to Achieve More by Lynmara Colón and Adam Welcome
- Tech with Heart: Leveraging Technology to Empower Student Voice, Ease Anxiety, & Create Compassionate Classrooms by Stacey Roshan
- WanderlustEDU: An Educator’s Guide to Innovation, Change, and Adventure by Micah Shippee, PhD
- Hacking Questions: 11 Answers That Create a Culture of Inquiry in Your Classroom (Hack Learning Series) by Connie Hamilton
Purchasing any of the books above through the links above will support the House of #EdTech Podcast!
Just Give It A Try
Thank you Bryon Carpenter!
House of #EdTech VIP
Dads – Thank you to Dads in education worldwide for all you do as fathers and educators!
I want to specifically shoutout my Dad, John Nesi! Get to know the original Mr. Nesi through his two appearances on the podcast.
PARTICIPATE IN THE 2021 HOUSE OF #EDTECH SMACKDOWN!
2021 House of #EdTech Smackdown! This will be the 8th annual smackdown and it's one of my favorite regular episodes to create each year. Submit by December 11, 2021!
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get ONE FREE Month with Promo Code: NESI