Starting a podcast doesn't have to break the bank and Summer is a great time to start!
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
EdTech is not a magic bullet that will repair all of educations issues. Devices don’t make me a better teacher or my students better learners. Yes, technology has been playing a role in education since the printing press, but prior to the 15th-century teachers still taught and students learned.
As the school year comes to a close in many places take time to work on the things you are interested in getting better at in your classroom. Invest in yourself and pursue your professional interests. But more importantly, work on the main thing that makes you an effective educator. Relationships. Work on your people skills. How do you present yourself? How do you make the people around you feel? Reconnect with your loved ones and friends and be a great friend.
Everything you do in your role in education is based on the relationships you have and those you build. There’s no app, site, or tool that will do this for you. If you’re headed to conferences or on vacation this summer shake hands with new people and sharpen your relationship sword.
Building trust and a positive rapport with your students and colleagues will then be enhanced with whatever tools are in your educator toolkit.
Starting a podcast doesn’t have to break the bank and Summer is a great time to start!
- Step 1: Find Something to Say ($0)
- Step 2: Write it Down (Total Cost: $0)
- Step 3: Purchase Equipment (Total Cost: $59–$250)
- Step 4: Record Your First Episode (Total Cost: $0)
- Step 5: Source a Theme Song (Total Cost: $0–$50)
- Step 6: Create Eye-Catching Podcast Artwork (Total Cost: $0–$300)
- Step 7: Figure Out Podcast Media Hosting (Total Cost: $0 – $20)
- Step 8: The Finishing Touches — Titles, Descriptions, & SEO (Total Cost: $0)
- Step 9: Submit to Podcasting Directories
- Step 10: Spread the Word (Total Cost: $0)
Potential Start-up costs
- Final Costs:
- Samson — $59
- Pop Filter — $15
- Boom Arm/Shock mount – $20
- Headphones — $0
- Recording/Editing: $0
- Theme Song: $0
- Graphic Design: $0
- Podcast Hosting: $5
- Domain Name from Domain.com: $9.99 annually
- TOTAL START-UP COST: $168
House of #EdTech VIP
AMY DE FRIESE – Theatre arts & ELA Educator * Google Educator L2 * Flipgrid Educator * Screencastify Certified ** M.Ed * B.F.A.
Connect with Amy De Friese:
PARTICIPATE IN THE 2021 HOUSE OF #EDTECH SMACKDOWN!
2021 House of #EdTech Smackdown! This will be the 8th annual smackdown and it's one of my favorite regular episodes to create each year. Submit by December 11, 2021!
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get ONE FREE Month with Promo Code: NESI