#NYEdTechWeek recap and review along with conversations with some edtech start-ups as well mine and many of your #OneWord2017 testimonials.
FEEDBACK, SHOUTOUTS, AND LINKS
- Thank you Jacob Dunn (@JacobDunn) the following 5-star iTunes Review
- Mr. Nesi is a phenomenal host! He challenges myself to introduce new concepts to my teaching. This is one of my top listens as an educator.
- Thank you Craig Peters (@craigpeters) for the following 5-star iTunes Review
- Mr. Nesi brings it together really well. This podcast is more than teachers talking to teachers. It’s more than technologists talking to technologists. It’s well organized, follows a great structure, packs a lot in, and is entertaining. Specifically, each episode has practical, teacher-focused interviews with great guests, recommendations for tools and services for teachers, an #EdTech VIP, discount codes, announcements, and show notes posted online. Years ago I taught middle school and now I run an innovation and design agency in California. At work, we decided to ramp up on everything going on in edtech so we can follow our hearts and start working with more education-related clients. This podcast was exactly what we needed. I listened to the first two years back to back. Now I’m plowing through the third year. Keep up the great work, Mr. Nesi!
- *NEW* House of #EdTech Facebook Group – join today! Get the link by listening to the episode
- EdChange Global is coming February 28, 2017!
#OneWord2017 is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE WORD. This process provides clarity by taking all your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single focus. Just one word that centers on your character and creates a vision for your future. So, I invited my PLN and shared audio from the following people who picked one word for the next twelve months to guide them.
My #OneWord is PUSHER. I want to further develop my ability to encourage others to be comfortable leaving their comfort zones. Whether it’s using technology or a new teaching strategy or something personal I enjoy encouraging others the do new things.
PixiClip – What is it? Pixiclip is an online canvas that lets you communicate using a webcam or a mic. Just click record and you’re ready to go. Pixiclip is your message in motion! You can upload images, draw sketches, and share replays with friends!
NYEdTechWeek was December 19-21, 2015, and my former Rutgers student Sierra Gratale and I attended this event at NYU Steinhardt in Lower Manhattan.
I had the privilege of speaking with the following people at NYEdTechWeek:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
HOUSE OF #EDTECH VIP
Google Teacher Podcast – A new weekly podcast designed to give teachers practical ideas for using G Suite and other Google tools.
UPDATE: Podcast retired during 2021
3 reasons to listen
- Matt Miller – DitchThatTextbook (Episode 47)
- Kasey Bell – ShakeUpLearning (Episode 21)
- I’m producing the show!
As of this recording, you can go to googleteacherpodcast.com to get on the show’s mailing list and be the first to know when the show goes live – End of January. Then you will receive the show notes for each episode, just like you do here!
PARTICIPATE IN THE 2021 HOUSE OF #EDTECH SMACKDOWN!
2021 House of #EdTech Smackdown! This will be the 8th annual smackdown and it's one of my favorite regular episodes to create each year. Submit by December 11, 2021!
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get ONE FREE Month with Promo Code: NESI