My 2nd-grade son started his own podcast!
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Khaled Al-ankar shared feedback about the podcast and how he is learning from podcasts!
- I recently had two 1:1 conversations with Bryon Carpenter and Lora Stoddard! One was about Autocrat and the other was about education podcasting!
Saturday v. Sunday
- Hover.com – Everyone has their thing. Ours is domain names. Whatever your thing is, your domain name is an important part. We want to make that part better.
- Hundreds of top-level domains (and counting).
- FREE WHOIS privacy included
- The more domains you have in your Hover account, the less you pay for renewals.
- Save $2 on domain registration when you use my link: https://chrisnesi.com/hover
- ClassTag – A Remind alternative
- It’s a quick, easy way to reach all parents (without limits!)
- It’s an all-in-one toolkit vs. a single-purpose app
- It’s got unique features for parent support, engagement and participation
- It helps reach and engage families no matter what their circumstances
- It’s totally free for teachers, parents and schools
- A truly unique solution to teachers’ out-of-pocket expenses
UPDATE – Monkey decided to end his podcast during the Summer of 2020 and is no longer available.
UPDATE #2 - The Monkey and I have started a podcast together called 'Knock Knock Who's There?' in March of 2021
My son, Monkey, is preparing to enter the second grade in Fall 2019. Earlier this Summer he approached me about starting his own podcast. Needless to say, I was thrilled when this came from him unprompted. When I asked him what he wanted to podcast about he went with his first love, vacuums!
Over the last few weeks, we have launched ‘The Vacuum Podcast’ and he’s had a blast creating content he wants to create and doing the work (scaled of course) needed to make it happen.
The conversation I share in the episode is podcasting from his perspective and he talks about what he has learned and will be learning as a young podcaster.
I chose to make this featured content so that you might be inspired to the podcast if a second grader can do it as well as to provide you with an example of something you could share with your own students who might need a little push to put their voice into the world.
House of #EdTech VIP
LARRY ZUARES – Instructional coach. Educator. Teacher. Leader. Learner. Thought partner. Committed to excellent instruction for all learners. Pemberton, New Jersey
Connect with Larry Zuares:
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get ONE FREE Month with Promo Code: NESI