I recently went to Harvard to moderate a panel on podcasts in K12 education.
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Congrats to the MEAD Heatseal laminator giveaway winners:
- Kurbi-Mac (Apple Podcasts Review)
- Stephanie Howell (email feedback)
- Bookmark chrisnesi.com/amazon to support the podcast if you’re an Amazon shopper!
- Participate in the 5th Annual House of #EdTech Smackdown!
- Share your favorite tech tip, tool, app, or recommendation from 2018!
- Deadline – Friday, December 14, 2018
- The Smackdown will be episode 124 and it gets released on December 16th
Google dot NEW
Google has introduced a ‘new’ way to start blank Docs, Sheets, and Slides files. Google has harnessed the power of the fresh “.new” top-level domain name. Try it:
I recently attended an all-new podcast conference, Sound Education, at Harvard University. Sound Education was a 3-day event at Harvard University for educational and academic podcasters and radio hosts and their listeners. It is hosted by Ministry of Ideas, a podcast based at Harvard Divinity School.
I was invited to moderate a panel on podcasts as an instructional tool in K-12 education. I had the opportunity to facilitate a very informative conversation that included:
- Eric Marcus the author of a dozen books, including Making Gay History, Is It A Choice?, Why Suicide?, and Breaking the Surface, the #1 New York Times bestselling autobiography of Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis.
- Karen Gage an education technology industry veteran with a flair for understanding markets and client needs. She is known for delivering high impact strategy during her 15+ years leading marketing and product organizations. Karen was instrumental in helping create and evolve the learning management system industry – from the early introduction to a ubiquitous core technology in education. Most recently she was VP of Technology Products for Pearson’s School Achievement Services. There she saw that K-12 educators were ready to embrace digital innovation and that inspired her to join Listenwise in 2014.
- Debra Fowler is a veteran (former) classroom teacher, U.S. Army veteran, documentary filmmaker, public speaker, and Co-founder and Executive Director of History UnErased (HUE), an education non-profit preparing K-12 educators to teach all students LGBT-inclusive history.
- Meredith Halpern-Ranzer is an Emmy-nominated children’s media executive and Chief Executive Tinkerer at Tinkercast, the company and the creators behind #1 kids podcast Wow in the World and the new podcast Highlights Hangout. Previously, Meredith was VP of Creative and Executive Producer of the Sprout Channel from 2005 to 2015. Prior to joining Sprout, Meredith learned the answer to the burning question of her childhood when she found out how to get, how to get to Sesame Street where she worked for eight years as a producer and editor. She is a founding member and on the Board of Advisors of Children’s Media Association.
- Knowing your “why?”
- Teaching listening skills and comprehension
- Getting our student’s attention from their screens
- Supporting teachers
- Encouraging creation
House of #EdTech VIP
MANDY FROEHLICH – A Director of Innovation and Technology (Wisconsin) and Google for Education Certified Trainer as well as an ambassador for Canvas LMS, Mandy’s passion is speaking to educators both inside and outside her district on technology integration, good teaching and learning, climate & culture and is engaged in the teaching profession.
She is the author of, “The Fire Within – Lessons of Defeat That Have Ignited a Passion for Learning” and the upcoming book, “Divergent EDU: Challenging Assumptions and Limitations to Create a Culture of Innovation,” both from EduMatch Publishing.
Connect with Mandy Froehlich:
PARTICIPATE IN THE 2021 HOUSE OF #EDTECH SMACKDOWN!
2021 House of #EdTech Smackdown! This will be the 8th annual smackdown and it's one of my favorite regular episodes to create each year. Submit by December 11, 2021!
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get ONE FREE Month with Promo Code: NESI