Summer is a great time to get ahead on your edtech professional development!
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- JP Prezzavento launched a new podcast! It’s called The Bits and Bytes of Education! Go listen to this new podcast and consider subscribing full time!
- Subscribe to the House of #EdTech 60 Sec Rec on your Amazon Alexa. My flash briefing is released Monday through Friday and I launched this on April 30th. After improvements, you will get one new recommendation per day.
Surprise – someone already thinks you ARE the Tech Coach!
Thank you to Penny Christensen – eLearning Specialist – http://www.hotlunchtray.com – @Pen63
Penny composed the original post which can be read here.
- TeachMe: Kindergarten contains all the basic skills students learn in Kindergarten in one easy app. Kids practice spelling, letter writing, sight words, addition, subtraction, and more. Parents or teachers can easily view progress. Students earn virtual coins for their work which they can use to purchase virtual rewards.
- Story Creator doesn’t focus on any Common Core skills, Story Creator is a fun, creative app for elementary students. Kids create their own storybooks using photos from their device or the included illustrations. They can share their stories easily by emailing them from within the app.
- A great app for teachers who want to include current events in their elementary classroom. News-O-Matic delivers 5 kid-friendly news stories to readers each day. Plus, teachers can opt-in to receive an email containing Common Core-aligned lesson plans that go along with the stories.
- All articles are available at multiple reading levels.
Growing Your #EdTech Skills During the Summer
- Christina McKee scours the internet for new tech for my classroom. Spent last summer building hyperdocs. Will spend this summer working with Sway, Adobe Spark.
- Alice Lacoste
- Kyle Wilcox – has been preparing Google Classroom training to use with his teachers this summer. He would love some feedback and I will link to his courses in the show notes.
- Derek Larson
- Adobe Spark
- Msft Sway
SUMMER LEARNING 2018:
House of #EdTech VIP
SARAH HICKLE – Director of Student Learning and Innovation for Mishawaka Schools in Indiana.
Sarah has a passion for Whole Child Instruction and is involved in the upcoming Whole Child Workshop 2018. Join educators & community partners across IN in exploring a whole-child approach to education that addresses students’ comprehensive needs to learn & thrive.
Connect with Sarah Hickel:
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get ONE FREE Month with Promo Code: NESI