Katie Gardner is integrating technology into her Kindergarten ESL classroom in North Carolina.
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- Stella Pollard said, “Hello!” on Flipgrid
- The House of #EdTech is now also a member of VoicED.ca
Getting Educators to Change Their Minds and Try something NEW!
In this episode’s Thought, I respond to a listener question about helping to move teachers to new tools, like Google. The question talked about encouraging teachers to move from Moodle to Google.
My biggest piece of advice is to provide value and empower your teachers with the ability to create something tomorrow!
Screencasting – inspired, influenced by Richard Byrne’s Free Tech 4 Teachers
- Loom is a free screencasting tool that works on Chromebooks, Mac, and Windows. The Loom Chrome extension allows you to record your desktop, an individual tab, and/or your webcam. You can download recordings as MP4 files to upload to YouTube.
- Soapbox is a free tool from Wistia that makes it easy to create great screencast videos on any computer using Chrome. Quickly record your screen and your webcam at the same time.
- Nimbus Screenshot a favorite of mine because it’s easy to use and captures different still images and video from Chrome. Screencasts recorded with Nimbus Screenshot can be saved to your local drive or to an online Nimbus account. I just download everything I capture and then put it where I need it.
- PicPick gives you the tools to take screenshots quickly and then edit them to suit a variety of purposes, all through the same convenient interface. There are quite a few options included in this program for both taking and editing screenshots, making it a good option for all kinds of users. No matter what type of screenshot you want to take, this app has you covered. Just select from a list that includes Full Screen, Window Control, Scrolling Window, Region, Fixed Region, and Freehand.
Katie Gardner is integrating technology into her Kindergarten ESL classroom in North Carolina. In 2017, she was named an Apple Distinguished Educator. In 2016, Gardner was named a PBS Digital Innovator. Additionally, Katie has presented at the district, state, regional, national levels.
In our conversation we Katie shared what her Kindergarten classroom does to support her ESL learners and how she is using technology to enhance the instruction and learning opportunities for students.
CONNECT WITH KATIE GARDNER:
House of #EdTech VIP
TAMI JIMENEZ – An Elementary teacher and education enthusiast from Mexico!
“Time to Teach” is a show for teachers, hosted by a real teacher. It is a show for those enthusiastic about education. In this show, she shares tips, suggestions, and advice on all aspects of teaching. In addition, you’ll hear students and educators share their views, perspectives, and ideas. From the first-year teacher to the seasoned principal, this show is perfect for anyone passionate about education, and interested in continuing to grow as an educator. Go ahead and buckle up, because teaching can get bumpy, but it’s always worth it.
Connect with Tami Jimenez:
PARTICIPATE IN THE 2021 HOUSE OF #EDTECH SMACKDOWN!
2021 House of #EdTech Smackdown! This will be the 8th annual smackdown and it's one of my favorite regular episodes to create each year. Submit by December 11, 2021!
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get ONE FREE Month with Promo Code: NESI