UPDATE: Celly no longer exists. But this conversation can be applied to the ideas of communication with students and families on your platform of choice.
Listen to a great interview with Darek Teller from Celly. Celly believes small messages change the world so they built a place where your message will:
- build movements
- inspire learning
- level the playing field
- & promote free speech
I express some of the frustrations of conducting master’s degree research and attempt to entice you to participate in research when you have the opportunity!
Comic strips provide a powerful way to get students to enjoy and be motivated about writing. Students love to interact with things they can see and the following comic strip generators will get students to engage in conversations using cartoon characters and build stories and share their works with each other.
- Scholastic Story Starters | http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/story-starters/
- Make Beliefs Comix | http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/
- StoryBoardThat | http://www.storyboardthat.com (TeacherCast.net affiliate link)
- Comic Master | http://www.comicmaster.org.uk/
- Chogger | http://www.chogger.com/
- Witty Comics | http://www.wittycomics.com/
House of #EdTech VIP
Billy Krakower – Billy is the Computer Technology instructor at Beatrice Gilmore Elementary School in the Woodland Park Public School District (NJ). For the past six years, he has served in such positions as Special Education Teacher, an Inclusion Teacher, and Resource Room Teacher.
- Enjoys teaching students how to use web 2.0 tools such as Edmodo, Skype, Google Hangouts, Google Docs, and Espresso Education.
- Billy has an Advance Certificate in Educational Leadership from Long Island University and also has earned a dual Masters Degree in Special Education & Elementary Education from LIU.
- Presenter at various conferences on Technology in the Classroom including:
- Billy is one of the lead organizers of edcampNJ.
- Co-founder of #elemsci chat and co-moderator for #njed, #satchat & #elemsci chats.
- Recently has been named Co-Director of NJASCD North Chapter.
- Serves as an Executive Board Member for NJAET.
Connect with Billy:
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get TWO FREE Months with Promo Code: NESI