Derek Larson fills in and talks about being excellent to each other with #edtech.
Derek Larson is the guest host of the podcast for episodes 164 – 169. Derek is no stranger to the podcast and you can check out his previous appearances on the podcast:
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- The power button – step away from the tech
- Take some time away from the tech
- So many are having to LIVE in front of tech – Remote Teaching → Fully Online or Hybrid Model
- It’s good for your health to occasionally step away
- At least look away from the screen – Follow the 20-20-20-Rule
- Every 20 minutes look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds
- Remember, unplugging is a challenge, but very helpful
- Analog Love – most popular post EVER on ETB
- Two Screens for Teachers – https://www.twoscreensforteachers.org
- Seattle-based non-profit trying to help teachers receive a 2nd monitor to help them as they are teaching remotely
- Request to receive OR donate a 2nd monitor
Amy Storer (@techAmyS)’s response – Self-care is personal to everyone
House of #EdTech VIP
- Cory is a former Math teacher and school Principal
- Current Innovation Coordinator at Iron County School District in Cedar City, Utah
- Cory is the founder of Launch High School (@LaunchHS) – a new high-tech high school focused on entrepreneurship, design thinking, and personalized, competency-based education
- He is working to transform learning to become more empowering, personal, and relevant to students’ success in life.
- Known Cory for many years and he’s an incredible educator who’s very thoughtful and not afraid to disrupt traditional education if he can see a way to help students learn and grow.
Follow him on Twitter at @CoryHenwood or his website at CoryHenwood.com
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND CONNECT WITH ME
THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SUPPORTERS!
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Get ONE FREE Month with Promo Code: NESI