Derek Larson fills in and talks about being excellent to each other with #edtech.
Derek Larson is the guest host of the podcast for episodes 164 – 169. Derek is no stranger to the podcast and you can check out his previous appearances on the podcast:
Feedback, Shoutouts, and Links
- The power button – step away from the tech
- Take some time away from the tech
- So many are having to LIVE in front of tech – Remote Teaching → Fully Online or Hybrid Model
- It’s good for your health to occasionally step away
- At least look away from the screen – Follow the 20-20-20-Rule
- Every 20 minutes look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds
- Remember, unplugging is a challenge, but very helpful
- Analog Love – most popular post EVER on ETB
- Two Screens for Teachers – https://www.twoscreensforteachers.org
- Seattle-based non-profit trying to help teachers receive a 2nd monitor to help them as they are teaching remotely
- Request to receive OR donate a 2nd monitor
Amy Storer (@techAmyS)’s response – Self-care is personal to everyone
House of #EdTech VIP
- Cory is a former Math teacher and school Principal
- Current Innovation Coordinator at Iron County School District in Cedar City, Utah
- Cory is the founder of Launch High School (@LaunchHS) – a new high-tech high school focused on entrepreneurship, design thinking, and personalized, competency-based education
- He is working to transform learning to become more empowering, personal, and relevant to students’ success in life.
- Known Cory for many years and he’s an incredible educator who’s very thoughtful and not afraid to disrupt traditional education if he can see a way to help students learn and grow.
Follow him on Twitter at @CoryHenwood or his website at CoryHenwood.com
LET'S MEET AT ISTE 2023! COME TO THE HOET/EPN CHEESESTEAK MEETUP!
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK, AND CONNECT WITH ME